Saturday, January 2, 2010

January Recipes

The next activity is January 16 at 1:00pm at the church. Here is the recipe line-up. Just post your order or email it to me by Wednesday night, January 13.

1. Peanut Butter Pie: graham cracker pie crust, cream cheese, peanut butter, milk, powdered sugar, whipped topping

What you need to bring:
• nothing

2. Minestrone Soup: kidney beans, basil, salt, pepper, oregano, parsley, sweet Italian sausage, celery, carrots, onion, tomatoes, water, parmesan cheese, beef bouillon, macaroni pasta

What you need to bring:
• 1 lb sweet Italian sausage cooked (ground works, or links cut up in bite sized pieces work too)
• 2 gallon Ziploc bags (put meat in one bag and bring the extra)

3. Chicken Pot Pie: peas, carrots, chicken, cream of chicken soup, Bisquick baking mix, milk, egg

What you need to bring:
• 2 cups cooked chicken breasts cut in bite sized pieces
• 8x8 (approx.) baking dish

4. Baked Ziti: ground beef, onion, spaghetti sauce, pasta, parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, parsley

What you need to bring:
• 1 lb ground beef, browned and drained
• 9x13 baking dish

5. Island Chicken with Fruit Salsa: chicken breast, Italian dressing, onion, pineapple, yellow pepper, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, cilantro, rice

What you need to bring:
• 6 chicken breasts, raw and either whole, halved, pieced (it’s a marinade)
• 2 1-gallon Ziploc bags

10 comments:

  1. I'm back on the wagon!

    1 PB pie
    2 Minestrone soup
    1 ziti
    2 island chicken

    Emily Coyne
    Let me know if I can help with anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Heidi! I posted a comment on Sunday or Monday, but it isn't showing up here. That's weird. I hope I'm not too late to let you know that I'd like to order 2 Minestrone Soups and 1 PB pie. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Heidi,

    I'd like to join you guys and make a PB pie. Thanks!

    Sarah Lott

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Heidi-
    How long does it take to get it all done? I need to be somewhere soon after 3 that day, so if it will be done by then I would like to order:
    2 Minestrone soups
    1 Island Chicken and
    1 Baked ziti

    Also, what are the prices?
    Thanks- Sarah Harmston

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in! I'm so excited!

    1 minestrone
    1 chicken pot pie
    1 baked ziti
    1 island chicken

    So we do a check? How do we know how much to write it for? Do we just bring our checkbook to the activity?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for organizing this!
    I'd like to order...

    1 minestrone
    1 chicken pot pie
    1 baked ziti
    1 island chicken

    I don't know if you usually give them out, but I hope I can get a copy of each of these recipes (so that I can make it again in the future).

    Thanks again!

    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know how much they cost usually until Friday night, so the best method is to just bring a checkbook or cash on Saturday. Sorry, I just usually am not done shopping until then. But thanks everyone for ordering! It helps to have more meals because the food gets cheaper in bulk.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Drats! I'm sorry, but I have to cancel my order and bow out! My family is planning a birthday lunch for me on Saturday at 1. I wish I could come. I'll come to the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heidi I'm so excited to do this.Put me down for one minestrone, one ziti, and one island chicken.

    Thanks, Karalee McNeil

    ReplyDelete